BE A RUNNER, BE A FUNDRAISER!
1. What is New Life Charity Run?
New Life Charity Run is an online fundraising campaign organised by New Life Community Services by riding with CSC’s “Run by the Bay” event. We encourage people to form a team of runners and then rally their networks to donate to New Life. It’s basically like a ‘peer-to-peer fundraising’ wherein we leverage on our supporters (runners) to fundraise on our behalf. As runners, you also become fundraisers!
2. What are the event details?
Date: 12 October 2019, Saturday
Venue: Gardens by The Bay East
Category: 6 km non-competitive
3. Can we run under different distance aside from 6 km category?
No. The campaign is only for runners for the 6 km category as we all want to gather together to flag off at the same time at 8.00pm. Different categories flag off at different timings.
4. I’m interested to be a runner/fundraiser! How do I register?
- Form a team of 3-4 members and select a team leader.
- Register for the 6 km category via https://www.cscrunbythebay.com/general-entry/. Input the code RBB19NEWLIFE upon checkout.
- Save a screenshot of the registration confirmation ID and upload in www.tinyurl.com/regscreenshots.
- Team leader should submit the following via www.tinyurl.com/charityrunteam
- Team Name
- 150 words write-up about your team and why you want to fundraise for New Life.
- Target Donation Amount
- Team Photo (1024 x 483 px in landscape format) to be uploaded via www.tinyurl.com/runteamphotos. Please rename the file with your team name.
- Team Leader will receive the web link to the team's personalised fundraising page once ready. Start sharing this page with your friends and networks via whatsapp, email or sms.
5. When is the deadline of registration and cut-off date to raise funds?
Last day of registration is 26 September. Deadline for online donations is 12 November.
6. How much is the registration fee per runner?
Registration fee per runner is $51 until 5 September and $59 from 6-26 September.
7. Our team has completed registration. How do we start fundraising?
8. When is the last day to make online donations?
Your team can gather online donations until 12 November.
9. I am alone and unable to form a team of 3-4 members. How can I continue?
Don’t worry! You can still proceed with the registration if you are alone. We will contact you and try to connect you with other runners so you can fundraise with a team.
10. Does my registration fee go to New Life as a donation?
Only 10% of the registration fees goes New Life.
11. I am not a runner, how can I still support by donating?
12. Are all donations qualified for tax deduction?
Yes! All donations are qualified for 2.5 tax deduction.
13. What is the purpose of organising this event?
Our work is sustained by the many volunteers, staff and donors who give to us sacrificially. This year, we target to raise $3.2 million donations to support our operations. In this light, we have organised fundraising events to seek financial support for our growing work in the community. We currently operate in three childcare centres, three youth hubs, one student care centre, conduct character mentoring programmes, provide casework & counselling as well as financial assistance for needy families. We target to raise $260,000 for this event for our general funds.
14. Are there other ways wherein I can support this event besides running or donating?
Definitely! You can also be a volunteer on the event day to cheer for the runners, or be a drink usher. You can also help us spread the word to your friends and networks who are runners or potential donors.
15. Who is DC Productions? I saw this domain name when I register.
DC Productions is the partner event company which handles registration and fundraising for New Life Charity Run. DC is an established event company who also handles other important events such as the National Day Investiture (President Office), the National Day Investiture Bronze (Prime Minister Office) for the last 10 years, NTU Leadership Academy Night, World Wide Fund For Nature Fund Raising Campaign to name a few.
16. Who can I contact if I need more information?