Covid-19 Advisory and Precautionary Measures
27 May 2020
In view of the COVID-19 Post Circuit Breaker announced on 19 May 2020
For Phase One (Safe Re-Opening), with effect from 2 June 2020, we will be implementing the following measures in line with advisories from NCSS, MOE, MSF and ECDA:
- Reopening of Student Care Centres and phased reopening of Childcare Centres :
- From 2 June - Kindergarten 1 and Kindergarten 2 children
- From 8 June - Nursery 1 and Nursery 2 children
- From 10 June - Infant Care and Playgroup children
- Continuing with suspension of cross-class activities for children and staff where classes and meals for all children at Childcare and Student Care Centres will be confined within stipulated classrooms.
- Continuing with suspension of tuition and enrichment programs, excursions, camps, field trips, large group and communal activities, including assemblies and multi-age integration.
- Continuing with suspension of cross-deployment of staff across centres/schools.
- Reinforcing strict temperature/health checks for all staff and children 3 times a day.
- Restricting entry of visitors to all centres/locations, including staff and children who face higher risk of infection (e.g. children with household members on HQO or SHN).
- Requiring SafeEntry and travel declarations for staff, children and visitors.
- Continuing with stepped-up cleaning and disinfection of premises, equipment etc, before and after programme
- Resuming of school based youth mentoring programme, with youth hubs remaining closed with hub-based programmes and face-to-face mentoring moved to online or other telecommuting platforms.
- Continuing with suspension of home visits and face-to-face counselling sessions to online or other telecommuting platform, except for high-risk cases (by appointment only) while implementing the required safety and safe distancing measures of wearing face mask and keeping at least 1m apart.
29 April 2020
In view of the COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Extension announced on 21 April 2020
The measures which we have adopted from 8 April 2020 will be extended by another four weeks until 1 June 2020 (inclusive).
6 April 2020
In view of the COVID-19 Circuit Breaker
With effect from 8 April 2020 (Wed) – 4 May 2020 (Mon), these are the latest measures we will be implementing in line with NCSS, MOE, MSF and ECDA:
- Closure of Children & Student Care Centres
- Provision of limited services with suspension of general services at Childcare Centres
- Closure of Youth Hubs with suspension of hub-based programmes and all mentoring engagements including face-to-face mentoring moved to online or other telecommuting platforms
- Suspension of home visits and face-to-face counselling sessions to be conducted preferably in open air space or in well-ventilated room, replaced by phone or other telecommuting platforms
27 March 2020
In view of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Outbreak
We have been monitoring the ongoing developments of the COVID-19 outbreak, and heeded the precautionary measures issued progressively by the Singapore Government, including the recent tighter measures issued on the 26 March to minimise the spread of the virus.
The following are additional and existing precautionary measures put in place in line with NCSS, MOE, MSF and ECDA:
- Health and Travel Declaration for all persons involved in New Life Community Services’ programmes or visitors who enter our premises or are onsite for programmes to do the following :
- Temperature check and recording with temperature taking twice a day for employees.
- Leave and see a doctor if temperature is 37.5C or higher
- All persons who have travelled overseas are not allowed into our premises until they have served their 14-day Leave Of Absence (LOA) or Stay-Home-Notice (SHN)
- All persons who have any member in the household served with SHN or Home Quarantined Order (HQO) would not be allowed into our premises.
- Suspension of excursions, camps, field trips, large group and communal activities, including assemblies and multi-age integration.
- Face to face counselling session to be conducted preferably in open air space, or in well ventilated room, or replaced by online or phone. If necessary, home visits will be shortened or moved to open air space. Deferment of home visit and face to face counselling if client or any member in the household is unwell or serving LOA, SHN, or HQO.
- Tighter safe distancing measures with effect from 11:59pm, 26 March until 30 Apr (but may be extended if situation does not improve)
- Temporary suspension of Kids Champ Club, Character Building Programme and Tuition Connect Programme at Children & Student Care Centre
- Temporary closure of Youth Hubs with some of the hub activities changed to online engagements
- Youth group mentoring sessions replaced by 1:1 mentoring
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of premises, equipment etc, before and after programme