New Life Charity Run 2018
BE A RUNNER, BE A FUNDRAISER!
1. What is New Life Charity Run?
New Life Charity Run is an online fundraising campaign organised by New Life Community Services by riding with CSC’s “Run by the Bay” event. We encourage people to form a team of runners and then rally their networks to donate to New Life. It’s basically like a ‘peer-to-peer fundraising’ wherein we leverage on our supporters (runners) to fundraise on our behalf. As runners, you also become fundraisers!
2. What are the event details?
Date: 20 October 2018, Saturday
Venue: Gardens by The Bay East
Category: 6.1km non-competitive
3. Can we run under different distance aside from 6.1km category?
No. The campaign is only for runners for the 6.1 km category as we all want to gather together to flag off at the same time at 7.30pm. Different categories flag off at different timings.
4. I’m interested to be a runner/fundraiser! How do I register?
- Form a team of 3-4 members and select a team leader.
- Team leader must register the team members’ information to be official runners and process payment for registration fee via www.tinyurl.com/newliferun2018. (NOTE: There is no need to register separately at CSC’s website).
- Team group photo
- Team name
- 150 words write-up about your team and why you want to fundraise for New Life.
5. When is the deadline of registration and cut-off date to raise funds?
Last day of registration is 3 October. Deadline for online donations is 19 November.
6. How much is the registration fee per runner?
Registration fee per runner is $58.
7. I have already previously registered from CSC Run by the Bay website. Do I need to register again?
There’s no need to register again via the link above. Please email us of your registration details (registered name, contact number and confirmation ID).
8. Our team has completed registration. How do we start fundraising?
After registration, payment and submission of the required info from your team, it’s time to start fundraising! We will create a unique fundraising page with a donation link for your team. Start sharing this page to your friends and networks (via whatsapp, email or sms).
9. When is the last day to make online donations?
Your team can gather online donations until 19 November.
10. I am alone and unable to form a team of 3-4 members. How can I continue?
Don’t worry! You can still proceed with the registration if you are alone. We will contact you and connect you with other runners so you can fundraise with a team.
11. Does my registration fee go to New Life as a donation?
Registration fees go to the organisers of the run. This covers the goodie bag, personalised bib, and finisher medal. However the organiser will donate 10% of the fees to New Life.
12. I am not a runner, how can I still support by donating?
That’s great! There are two ways:
- Donate online via www.tinyurl.com/charityrundonate.
- Donate through cheque and make it payable to "New Life Community Services". Ensure to write at the back of the cheque: "New Life Charity Run 2018" and your NRIC/UEN no. for tax deduction submission. Please mail cheques to: ATTN: Finance Department (New Life Charity Run 2018) New Life Community Services, 10 Jelapang Road S(677740)
13. Are all donations qualified for tax deduction?
Yes! All donations are qualified for 2.5 tax deduction.
14. What is the purpose for organising this event?
Our work is sustained by the many volunteers, staff and donors who give to us sacrificially. This year, we target to raise $3.3 million donations to support our operations. In this light, we have organised fundraising events to seek financial support for our growing work in the community. We currently operate in three childcare centres, three youth hubs, one student care centre, conduct character mentoring programmes, provide casework & counselling as well as financial assistance for needy families. We target to raise $100,000 for this event for our general funds.
15. Are there other ways wherein I can support this event besides running or donating?
Definitely! You can also be a volunteer on the event day to cheer for the runners, or be a drink usher. You can also help us spread the word to your friends and networks who are runners or potential donors.
16. I want to register someone below 18 years old as runner to join our team. How can I proceed?
If you are an adult running with minors, you can still proceed with your own registration via www.tinyurl.com/newliferun2018. But for those below 18 years, follow these steps for manual registration & payment;
17. Who is DC Productions? I saw this domain name when I register.
DC Productions is the partner event company which handles registration and fundraising for New Life Charity Run. DC is an established event company who also handles other important events such as the National Day Investiture (President Office), the National Day Investiture Bronze (Prime Minister Office) for the last 10 years, NTU Leadership Academy Night, World Wide Fund For Nature Fund Raising Campaign to name a few.
18. Who can I contact if I need more information?